Types of Garage Door Openers in Brisbane
Just about every home in Brisbane has a garage door and most of these have an automatic garage door opener fitted. These doors provide the home with security, and an automatic opener gives us push button convenience. But none of us think about either of them – until they go wrong!
And that is about when we discover that we know very little about them. We don’t know that there are different types of doors available, or that not all doors can be fitted to our garage, or what are our options for repair or automation.
In this post, we are going to discuss about the types of automated garage door openers, which will help you in giving an idea to pick the desired one. Please read on!
A) Tilt Doors and Sectional Doors
Option1- Chain Drive Garage Door Openers:
The majority of older Tilt Doors and Sectional Doors in Brisbane use this chain driven classic garage door opener. These openers have a unit that contains the controls and the electric motor, and this unit drives a bicycle chain attached o a trolley which in turn is connected to the garage door by a j-arm. The trolley runs up and down a rail or a track and the chain is exposed.
• These are common on the Tilt Doors installed on the traditional “Queenslander" houses. These chain driven garage door openers are rugged and reliable and for years have been one of the most economical options
• But recent and potential changes to Australia Health and Safety regulations for garage door openers, means that this system with an exposed chain drive has meant that reputable suppliers of garage door openers have moved to a “C-Rail” system, which has the belt or chain totally enclosed within the rail.
• This means that we no longer install the traditional Chain Drive Garage Door Opener on domestic garage doors.
Option2- Belt Drive Garage Door Openers:
As a result of the Health and Safety compliance issues already mentioned in Option 1, , their sleekness and much reduced noise levels, the belt driven garage door opener is now the preferred option, particularly in more up-market accommodation.
• The door is lifted by a steel reinforced rubber belt that is entirely enclosed within the “C-Rail” system.
• Newer and quieter motors and gearboxes, and the reduced vibration resulting from eliminating the chain, has meant further reduction in noise levels and wear and tear.
B) Roller Doors
Option 1 Separate Dive and Control Unit
This type of opener is rugged and reliable and once setup properly, operates without problem for many years. They are noisy and unsophisticated by modern standards, and lack some of the modern safety features
• As the Drive Unit mostly fits inside the door roll, it has been particularly successful on roller doors where side room is limited.
• Replacement of control Unit parts is easy
• Setting the limits in tight spaces requires experience as it needs to be done entirely by touch
Option 2 Compact Garage Door Openers
• Designed for single or double roller doors, these openers fit on either side of the roller door, and rest on the bracket that supports the door.
• They are powerful and fast, and tend to have a rugged DC motor.
• As they fit onto the side of the door, they are easy to install and to replace.
• Care must be taken while installing to prevent the tension on the springs from being released, or the door falling off the bracket while installing.
• DIYers should be careful when doing the installation alone
In case you want to purchase a right type of garage door opener or looking for a successfully replacing the openers then simply rely on the best. Garage door repair specialists, Brisbane Automatic Garage Door Openers offers garage door opener repair and consultation in Brisbane. As one of the leading garage door professionals, we offer exceptional and affordable service like automatic garage door, tilt garage door openers repair and sectional garage door repair in Brisbane. We extend our service are to Brisbane’s surrounding suburbs, south to the Gold Coast, North to the Sunshine Coast & west to Ipswich.
Feel free to contact us today at 0424 313 713.